Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet us in Gorse Lot!

Orientation will be here sooner then you know! With that in mind, the Parking Office will extend the hours during that time to help accommodate your needs. The Orientation schedule is-

Located in *Gorse Lot* and look for our tent
Sunday 8/31/2008 from 10am-5pm
Monday 9/1/2008 from 10am-5pm

Located in *Central Services* in the normal office area
Tuesday 9/2/2008 - Friday 9/5/2008 8:30am-5pm

Starting Monday 9/8/2008, the office hours will resume to the normal hours of 8:30am-4pm.

Friday, July 18, 2008

How do I pick up my decal?

If you registered online for your student decal, you can stop by the Parking Office Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4pm to pick up your packet.

The decal will be charged to your general bill. We do *NOT* except any type of payment for your decal in the office.

If you did not register online, but would like to pick up your decal before the made dash season, please do stop by during business hours to fill out your paperwork. Withing minutes, your decal packet will be completed and you will be all set for the academic year.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Do NOT park in a fire lane!

On campus, do not park in a fire lane. A fire lane is a location around a building that allows direct access for emergency vehicles to assist with fires or medical emergencies.

Here on campus, the penalty is a ticket or even a tow if the situation is in need of immediate results.

So, next time you are thinking of pulling in from of a campus building to run in for a minute, think again and park your vehicle in your designated area. It will in the long run save you money and save valuable minutes in an emergency situation.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What if my car is here only for 1/2 a year?

If you are a student and will not have your vehicle for the entire academic year and you don't know what to do about registering it, don't worry! This is what we suggest you do......

If your vehicle will be here in the Fall, but not the Spring-you must purchase a decal at full price. Before you leave at the end of the Fall semester of before 12/31, scrape off your decal and return it to the office. I know its sounds easier then done, but we need as much of the decal scraped off even if its in millions of little pieces. After you turn the decal in, you will receive a refund on your general bill that will reflect 1/2 of what you paid in the fall.

If your vehicle will be here in the Fall & J-Term, but not the Spring-you must still scrape off your decal before 12/31 and follow the same instructions as above. Then for J-Term, we will give you a paper pass for your dashboard to cover J-Term. There will be a fee associated with the temporary pass.

If your vehicle will be here in the Spring (starting in J-Term or Spring Semester)-stop by after the holiday break to apply for the decal. The cost will be half of the full year decal.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Can I park in the Villiage Commons Lot?

The Village Commons Management has asked that students and employees who are not using the shops, please do not park in there parking lot. The spaces that are taken up all day for convince takes away the spaces for the patrons of the Village Commons.

The management team has asked the Parking Office to assist in parking enforcement for their location. If you do park there overnight, you will receive a warning. If you accumulate three or more warnings, your vehicle will be towed at the drivers expense.

All students, faculty and staff are welcome to use their lots while doing business in the Commons and are subject to the same three-hour customer parking limit.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Register Online

Online registration is NOW available!

Students may register online to receive a $15.00 discount.

The regular price of decals if you register in person or wait until after 9/4/2008, will be :
Resident Student $125.00 (with discount $110.00)
Day Student $75.00 (with discount $60.00)
Equestrian Student $100.00 (with discount $85.00)

The information that is need for registration of your vehicle is your plate number, plate state & make, model, color and year of your vehicle.

If you have out-of-state plates on your vehicle, you will have to fill out an additional form, the nonresident driver form, that asks for your insurance information and your VIN number from your vehicle. This form is required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to be filled out by every student that has out-of-state plates. If the form is not filled out, you may receive an excise tax bill from Massachusetts.